Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Holy Supper!

Ciao il mio nome è Megan e provengo dagli Stati Uniti. :D


I didn't realize how much the title made sense until after I started writing my blog, anyways ...

While in Milan, I Went to The Last Supper. The Last Supper is one of the most famous artworks in Italy. It was just recently restored to be viewed by the public. I'm so glad that I waited to plan my trip for this year. If I hadn't waited, I wouldn't have been able to see this painting. It wasn't the painting its self that got my attention, though. Of course it's beautiful, but the history behind it captured me. While walking in the Church of Santa Marie Delle Grazie, what a name, I learned that Davinci had painted this sometime between 1495 and 1497. For something, especially a painting, to be THAT old and still around, astonishes me.
It was faded, but as I said before, they restored it;
Thank you, new found technology (:

And, By the way, I'm staying in the Hostel Beautiful, those LIARS!
But the city is totally worth it.


Any who, I also visited the Roman Colosseum. When I decided I was going to Italy, I was EXTREMELY excited to go here. I have heard so much about this colosseum, and I was just dying to check it out. While there, I was definitely not disappointed. I wish that I had a flux capacitor and could go to the time and experience an activity that went on there. If I did, it would look much different. The floor has been removed so that you can see the rooms in the basement, where they held the animals. Just being in this giant historical place made me feel important. I can see why it is a World Wonder. (:














I went to the Vatican Gardens in the Vatican city, to try and compare them to the Daniel Stowe Botanical Gardens. Wow, they were very organized. Although they didn't really have flowers, they arranged everything to be perfect, I felt very out of place. But there wasn't anyone around me most of the time, so it was okay. I also got to stop and take in every detail of the gardens since there was no pressure around. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment